KAUKAUNA — A home in Kaukauna sustained minor damage Sunday after a grill ignited a small fire.

The Kaukauna Fire Department responded today at 4:16 PM to a fire at 809 Lawe Street where a single-family residential building was reported to have smoke and flames coming from the rear of the home.

Firefighters arrived on scene and found that much of the fire and smoke had been extinguished by the residents of the building using a garden hose.

Residents of the home told firefighters that the fire started from a charcoal grill that was placed inside of the rear of the home that was under construction.

The building residents quickly removed the charcoal grill and contained the spread of fire with a garden hose.

Firefighters continued to extinguish the fire until investigation confirmed that the fire was contained and extinguished.

Damages were limited to the new construction area at the rear of the home and were totaled at $500.

The public is reminded to be careful when using outdoor grills.

Grills should not be placed close to flammable objects or structures and always be attended. Fire extinguishers should also be available within a close reach.

.

.

.

.

Paid Partnership



By Dan Plutchak

Dan Plutchak, born and raised in Kaukauna, is cofounder of Kaukauna Community News.