KAUKAUNA — The city of Kaukauna will hold a public informational meeting Monday about proposed changes to the city’s waste ordinance.
The meeting will be held from 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 18, 2023, at the Municipal Services Building in the Council Chambers at 144 W Second Street.
The meeting will begin with a brief presentation followed by an open forum to give residents and businesses time to ask questions and discuss the effect of said changes.
To learn more about the proposed updates to the ordinance, please visit: www.kaukauna.gov/waste-ordinance-2023-updates/
Among the updates to the ordinance:
- All automated garbage and recycling carts must have a minimum clearance of four (4) feet between the cart, mailboxes, cars, trucks, trailers, houses, garages, sheds, trees, utilities,
hydrants, etc. or they will NOT be collected.
- All lids must be closed when placing the carts or they will NOT be collected. Bags or waste
that cause the lid to remain open are considered overflow and must be removed prior to
- Other updates to Cart Use, Placement, and Storage:
Carts and containers shall be placed at the curb or alley line, if available, not more than 24
hours prior to collection. Carts shall not be placed in the roadway. All carts and containers shall be removed from the curb or alley line and stored within 24 hours after the scheduled
- All waste and recycling carts and other containers when not placed for collection shall be
kept in inconspicuous locations and not left on the curb or alley line, or any other location
near the right-of-way.
Updates to Large and Irregular and Brush Collections
Proposed Beginning January 1, 2024
- Not more than five (5) large and irregular items may be placed by a residential property.
- Each individual piece of furniture, other items not in your cart, or 30- gallon containers that weigh no more than 50 pounds with material not more than 48” tall/long, count as one (1) item each. White Goods must have pre-paid stickers from the Street Department and do not count as one of your 5 items.
Other updates to Large and Irregular and Brush Collections:
- Large and irregular waste, brush, and white goods will be collected once per month from
April-October. No large and irregular or brush collection will occur in January, February,
March, November, or December. White goods will still be collected during these off months
- A special Christmas tree brush collection will be held for two consecutive weeks after the
December holiday season, for Christmas trees and other associated trimmings. This
collection will be noted on the City Calendar.