KAUKAUNA — “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” is coming March 9-11 to Kaukauna High School.
Performances are at 7 p.m., Thursday, Friday and Saturday in side the Bernie Hupperts Performing Arts Center.
Tickets are available at ShowTIX4U.com. Adults are $10, students and seniors are $8.
Winner of the Tony and the Drama Desk Awards for Best Book, the play has charmed audiences across the country with its effortless wit and humor.
Featuring a fast-paced, wildly funny and touching book by Rachel Sheinkin and a truly fresh and vibrant score by William Finn, this bee is one unforgettable experience.
In the play, an eclectic group of six tweens vie for the spelling championship of a lifetime.
While candidly disclosing hilarious and touching stories from their home lives, they spell their way through a series of (potentially made-up) words, hoping never to hear the soul-crushing, pout-inducing, life un-affirming “ding” of the bell that signals a spelling mistake. Six spellers enter; one speller leaves a champion.
It’s a riotous ride, complete with audience participation, “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” is a delightful den of comedic genius.
(The humor is a bit crude/mature — nothing earth shattering — but parental guidance is advised.)
- Rona Lisa Peretti – Emily Bolstad
- Vice Principal Panch – Matthew Mielke
- Micki Mahoney (Grief Counselor) – Liz Lamers
- Leaf Coneybear – Iris Bass
- Chip Tolentino – Jacob Hamilton
- Williamina Barfee – Molly Paffenroth
- Olive Ostrovsky – Aubrey Norred
- Logainne Schwartzandgrubenniere – Jessica Gauthier
- Marcy Park – Kiran Lison
- Jesus Christ – Ava Bekish
- Logainne’s Moms – Katelyn Hoelzel, Linnea Wolfe
- Olive’s Dad – Max Ashauer
- Olive’s Mom – Lexi Micke
- Leaf’s Mom – Alaina Knudtson
- Leaf’s Dad – Alex Huettl
- Leaf’s Sister Marigold – Max Ashauer
- Ensemble/Spellers – Hope Hietpas, Anna Schulz
- Ensemble/Audience/Families – Chloe Yang, Doniesha Fisher-Love, Sophia Harvey, Madison Baehr, Emma Creten, Amethyst Myers, Allie Hansen, Emma Knapp