GREEN BAY — Green Bay Packer running back Aaron Jones has been nominated for the NFL’s prestigious Walter Payton Man of the Year award, the league announced today.
“It means everything to me,” said Jones of his nomination in a post on Packers.com. “Me and my family have always been big on giving back to the community and different things like that. Just to be mentioned in the same sentence as some of these guys who are nominated or some of these guys who have won before is a huge honor.”
All 32 nominees will receive up to a $40,000 donation in their name to their charity of choice, according to an NFL news release.
The winner of the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award will receive a $250,000 donation to the charity of their choice. All donations are courtesy of the NFL Foundation and Nationwide.
“The Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award is the League’s most prestigious honor and these 32 men represent their many teammates who do incredible things in their communities,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. “Their unwavering commitment to their hometowns and team communities embodies Walter’s spirit of giving back in a way that makes us all incredibly proud of the work they are doing every day.”
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson won the award in 2020.
The 2021 winner will be revealed during NFL Honors, which airs Thursday, Feb. 10 at 9 p.m. ET on ABC and simulcast on NFL Network.
Full list of nominees:
- Arizona Cardinals: Kelvin Beachum
- Atlanta Falcons: Mike Davis
- Baltimore Ravens: Bradley Bozeman
- Buffalo Bills: Harrison Phillips
- Carolina Panthers: D.J. Moore
- Chicago Bears: Jimmy Graham
- Cincinnati Bengals: Sam Hubbard
- Cleveland Browns: Denzel Ward
- Dallas Cowboys: Dak Prescott
- Denver Broncos: Justin Simmons
- Detroit Lions: Jason Cabinda
- Green Bay Packers: Aaron Jones
- Houston Texans: Justin Reid
- Indianapolis Colts: Kenny Moore II
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Myles Jack
- Kanas City Chiefs: Tyrann Mathieu
- Las Vegas Raiders: Darren Waller
- Los Angeles Chargers: Corey Linsley
- Los Angeles Rams: Andrew Whitworth
- Miami Dolphins: Jerome Baker
- Minnesota Vikings: Anthony Barr
- New England Patriots: Lawrence Guy
- New Orleans Saints: Cameron Jordan
- New York Giants: Logan Ryan
- New York Jets: Quinnen Williams
- Philadelphia Eagles: Jason Kelce
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Cameron Heyward
- San Francisco 49ers: Arik Armstead
- Seattle Seahawks: Tyler Lockett
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mike Evans
- Tennessee Titans: Derrick Henry
- Washington Football Team: Jonathan Allen