KAUKAUNA — Officials say they cause of a garage fire Friday morning in Kaukauna likely was a old extension cord.

The Kaukauna Fire Department responded at approximately 10:40 a.m. Friday to a report of a fire at 1901 Augustine Street where a detached garage was found filled with smoke.

Fire Department personnel made entry through a side door and were able to quickly extinguish the fire, according to a news release.

No one was injured during the incident.

Preliminary estimates of the damage to the structure and the contents inside are $27,000.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an old electrical extension cord.

In a Facebook post, the Kaukauna Fire Department reminds everyone to unplug extension cords when they are not in use, and not to use extension cords as fixed or permanent wiring.




Paid Partnership

By Dan Plutchak

Dan Plutchak, born and raised in Kaukauna, is cofounder of Kaukauna Community News.