Photo provided by Kaukauna Fire Department

KAUKAUNA — No one was injured after an alert 10-year-old spotted a fire in the family’s commercial business garage and quickly told her mother.

The Kaukauna Fire Department responded at about 5:45 p.m. Friday to a fire at 1913 Crooks Avenue where the rear of a commercial garage was on fire with black smoke coming from inside the roof.

The fire was spotted by a 10-year-old resident who told her mother to dial 911.

The Initial fire crew was able to stop the fire in the rear of the garage.

Crooks Avenue/HWY 55 was shut down to access a fire hydrant for water supply.

A third-alarm page was made to provide staffing for scene overhaul. Initial reports indicated the fire started from the exhaust of a pellet stove used to heat the building.

No one was inside of the garage at the time of the fire. The building suffered heavy damage to the rear section and roof of the garage.

Paid Partnership



By Dan Plutchak

Dan Plutchak, born and raised in Kaukauna, is cofounder of Kaukauna Community News.