KAUKAUNA — Speculation has grown over the past few months that Wal-Mart is once again interested in building at the Commerce Crossing site at Wisconsin Highway 55 and I-41.
At its meeting Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2016, the Kaukauna City Council is expected to discuss the sale of property at Commerce Crossing, according to the meeting agenda.
The discussion will take place in closed session. The council will reconvene in open session for possible action.
The meeting is set for 7 p.m., Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2016 at the new Municipal Services Building
144 W. Second St.
In July, the Post Crescent reported that the city has been in discussion with developers regarding the property.
“The council has had closed session discussions regarding the sale of property at Commerce Crossing with EDG 18. We’re in negotiations, but we haven’t disclosed any end user or buyer,” Bob Jakel, Kaukauna’s director of planning and community development told the Post Crescent in July. “It’s a closed session item, and I can’t disclose the city’s bargaining position.”
In April 2013, EDG 18 Commercial Real Estate Group submitted a letter of intent to secure that property for a proposed Walmart. It let its option lapse after a nine-month exploratory period expired in 2014, according to the Post Crescent.
The city of Kaukauna acquired the former Fox Valley Greyhound Park property (now called Commerce Crossing) in 2003 and tore down the racetrack building in 2006, according to the Post Crescent.
Also, before the meeting, the John Brogan eagle sculpture will be unveiled.
The full agenda for Tuesday’s meeting:
City of Kaukauna
Municipal Services Building
144 W. Second Street, Kaukauna
Tuesday, September 6, 2016, at 7:00 P.M.
1. Roll call, one minute of silent prayer, Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag.
2. Reading and approval of minutes.
3. Presentation of letters, petitions, remonstrances, memorials, and accounts.
a. Bills payable.
4. Public appearances.
5. Business presented by the Mayor.
6. Reports of standing and special committees.
a. Kaukauna Public Library Board of April 26, 2016, and May 24, 2016.
b. City Plan Commission of July 7 and August 11, 2016.
c. Heart of the Valley Metropolitan Sewerage District Commission of July 12, 2016.
d. Operator (Bartender) Licenses.
7. Reports of City officers.
a. Hydro Park Pavilion.
b. Borrowing for 2016 Capital Projects.
c. Modern Dairy update.
d. Konkapot Trail and Dog Walking Park Bridge Replacement.
8. Presentation of ordinances and resolutions.
a. Resolution authorizing Mayor to sign a joint contract with Village of Little Chute for walking bridge across the river.
b. Resolution supporting WEDC Community Investment Grant (Clay Eiting).
c. Resolution accepting deed for right-of-way acquisition of part of Ducharme Street adjoining Gertrude Street.
d. Resolution creating Ward 13.
9. Consideration of miscellaneous business.
10. Convene to Closed Session pursuant to Wisconsin State Statutes 19.85 (1) (h) to discuss Gene Frederickson as a subcontractor for municipal projects.
11. Reconvene to open session for possible action.
12. Convene to Closed Session pursuant to Wisconsin State Statutes 19.85 (1) (g) to discuss possible litigation in relation to property located south of CTH KK.
13. Reconvene to open session for possible action.
14. Convene to Closed Session pursuant to Wisconsin State Statutes 19.85 (1) (e) to discuss disposition of property in Commerce Crossing.
15. Reconvene to open session for possible action.